Education and Training
I came to my work as a therapist following an eclectic path that included formal training and practice in subjects ranging from energy healing to applied mathematics and statistics. Through these experiences, I have learned that interpersonal neurobiology supports and explains many, but not all, of the mechanisms underlying the most effective elements of psychodynamic and somatic psychotherapy, as well as allied methodologies.
I am honored to serve in my role as a therapist, and find joy in both the technical and relational aspects of my work.
Master of Social Welfare, Clinical Concentration. University of California at Los Angeles
Master of Arts in Psychology, Concentration in Organizational Behavior and Evaluation. Claremont Graduate University
Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics. Pitzer College
- Post-Graduate Clinical Fellowship in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy at the Reiss-Davis Child Study Center in Los Angeles.
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Level I: Training in Affect
Dysregulation, Survival Defenses, and Traumatic Memory, Los Angeles.
- Mindful Awareness Practice for Clinicians – Mindful Awareness Research Center at UCLA, Los Ageles.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training – Suicide Prevention
Center at Didi Hirsch, Culver City.
- Reiki Level I – Thea Nathan, Los Angeles.
- Shiatsu - Yolanda Asher, Atlanta