Education and Training
I came to my work as a therapist following an eclectic path that included formal training and practice in subjects ranging from energy healing to applied mathematics and statistics. I would describe myself as intensely curious about the world and all of us in it, and I continue to engage in various forms of consultation and professional development to better understand my craft and my self. Below, in addition to my degrees, I list a few of the more involved training experiences I have completed. If you are curious about any of this, please feel free to ask - I'm happy to discuss.
Master of Social Welfare, Concentration in Individuals, Families, and Groups. University of California at Los Angeles.
Master of Arts in Psychology, Concentration in Organizational Behavior and Evaluation. Claremont Graduate University
Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics. Pitzer College
- Two-Year Post-Graduate Clinical Fellowship in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy at the Reiss-Davis Child Study Center in Los Angeles.
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Level I: Training in Affect
Dysregulation, Survival Defenses, and Traumatic Memory, Los Angeles.
- Mindful Awareness Practice for Clinicians – Mindful Awareness Research Center at UCLA, Los Ageles.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training – Suicide Prevention
Center at Didi Hirsch, Culver City.
- Reiki Level I – Thea Nathan, Los Angeles.
- Shiatsu - Yolanda Asher, Atlanta